Docklands Local Labour Forum
Purpose of the Forum
Under the Dublin Docklands Area Master Plan, an agreement was put in place to ensure 20% local labour. Following an in-depth discussion at the Docklands Social Regeneration Conference 2008 it was agreed that a Docklands Local Employment Forum should be established by the Dublin Docklands Development Authority in partnership with the Local Employment Services and community leaders to facilitate a partnership approach towards increasing the numbers of new job placements in the Docklands.
How to be a member
The Local Employment Forum is open to all formal and informal local employment service and support providers operating within the Docklands.
Members will be drawn from:
- Local Employment Group reps, St Andrews LES, and the Inner City Renewal Group
- Social Welfare
- Local Community reps
- New Communities (Non Irish Nationals) reps
- Local Business Representatives
- Dublin Docklands Development Authority
- Through a partnership approach, achieve a higher hit rate in terms of job placements for local job seekers,
- To remain aggressively target focused and performance based in terms of delivery of monthly job placements,
- Develop relationships of trust with current and future potential employers to ensure job vacancies in the Docklands area are available to local job seekers,
- Make Docklands job seekers an attractive sought after employment source.
Meetings take place on the first Wednesday of every month, at 10a.m in the offices of the Dublin Docklands Development Authority.
The following set tasks will inform each agenda:
Task 1: Review job placement figures and general performance for the previous month,
Task 2: Identify means of increasing job placements through collaborative action,
Task 3: Identify current business leads that can be approached by the Forum in a coordinated fashion with a view to building up the stock of current available jobs such as IFSC, Legal professional, Health Services, DCC, local hospitals and Universities etc.
Task 4: Identify long term opportunities, i.e. conference centre, and then develop lead-in strategy to maximise attractiveness of local job seekers to future employers, through training, mediation, pre-interview screening and active relationship building.
Task 5: Each month member groups of the Docklands Employment Forum will bring forward a list of future business contacts for the month ahead. The Forum will then review this list and assign each member group with an appropriate number of businesses from the list with which to make contact before the next meeting. The outcomes of each of these meetings will then be reviewed at the next meeting.
At the end of each meeting a work programme for the following month will be developed and outputs will then be reviewed at the next meeting of the Forum.
For more information on this project contact:
Dublin Docklands Development Authority
Custom House Quay
Tel: 01 8183300