The Docklands Childcare Forum
Established in 2006
Brendan Smith TD, Minister for Children at the launch of the Docklands Childcare report. Together with Cllr. Daithi Doolin, Cyprian Brady T.D., Chris Andrews TD, CEO of the DDDA Paul Maloney, Social Regeneration Executive Gerry Kelly, Aileen Sheahan, Eimear Brady, Mette Boye Hansen as well as members from the Docklands Childcare Forum: CLC member Geraldine O'Driscoll, Mary Cummings, Monica Cassidy, Martina McKenna, Moira Ward, Eva Dillon, Geraldine Brennan and Ann Carroll. Members; Marian Allen and Michael Walsh not in picture.
Childcare Forum's Aims & Objectives
- To develop co-ordinated initiatives to maximise the benefits of individual service impacts in enhancing the quality of the life of Children and Families in the Docklands
- To promote networking, and sharing of information and expertise;
- To continue to research models of best practice with a view to promoting best practice in Childcare service provision in the Docklands;
- To inform all Docklands Authority Master Plans with a view to ensuring that the design of the built environment is cognisant of current and future Childcare requirements in the Docklands;
- To agree an annual Action Plan/Work programme:
- To ensure that the Forum remains inclusive and democratic;
- To promote regular access to quality training and development opportunities for Childcare practitioners working in the Docklands
How to be a Member
The Childcare Forum is open to all community, voluntary and statutory local childcare service providers operating within the Docklands.
Dublin Docklands Childcare Forum Childcare Report
In 2007 a report was commissioned by the Dublin Docklands Development Authority on behalf of Dublin Docklands Childcare Forum and prepared by Consultant Aileen Sheahan. The Terms of reference call for a report on the availability and quality of childcare facilities in the Dublin Docklands Development Authority area and immediate hinterland.
Download a copy of the report here
For more information on this project contact:
Olive McKenna Burke, Ph: 01 8183300, email@example.com