George's Dock Platform
Surrounded by water in the heart of the IFSC, the George's Dock platform can accomodate a wide range of events and at 1500m2, is one of the few outdoor sites in the city centre of its scale. The platform also includes ramps for access and loading and ready to go services that can cater for a wide range in scale of events. Also located on the site is a box office and toilets.
Originally constructed in 2004 to host the Spiegeltent, the platform has since been used for a wide range of public and private/corporate events as well and a variety of shows and concerts. Events held on the platform include Oktoberfest, Luminarium, 12 Days of Christmas Market, the children's area of the Maritime festival, and the highly acclaimed Circus ImMortal by NoFitState.
We are currently accepting applications for license to hire the platform for 2012/2013 and beyond.
George's Dock overview
- Georges Dock is a water filled (non working) dock situated in the IFSC in Dublin Docklands.
- It has been refurbished and fitted out as a unique venue to stage events which has involved raising the dock floor, pouring a concrete slab with retaining rings to support and secure a temporary platform.
- New lighting and water fountains have been added along with perimeter seating and illuminated handrails.
- Power and water supply has been installed and a pontoon with entrance ramp and exiting stairway.
- The water level in the dock is maintained at a depth of 1m approx and lifebuoys are maintained around its perimeter.
- Staging of events within George's Dock
For further information on costs and booking the platform please contact:
email@example.com or call 01 8183300.