The Docklands Authority regards all those with whom it has a service relationship as customers. In all dealings, we commit to promoting the principals of Quality Customer Service for public sector organisations as established by the Government.
Our Customer Service Standards
Our Customer Action Plan identifies seven strategic themes. A summary of our service standards in respect of each of these themes is listed below:
1. An effective and efficient service
- We commit to provinding information about our services and programs in a clear, timely and accurate manner
- We will ensure that your needs and requirements are met.
2. Timeliness and Courtesy
- We will treat all our customers with the same standard of excellence service
- We will ensure that your experience of the Docklands Authority is a postive one.
- We will ensure that the highest standards are upheld even in circumstances of time constraint
3. Communication and Co - ordination
- We will make every effort to communicate the objectives and intentions behind the services delivered by the Docklands Authority
- We will ensure a co ordinated and integrated approach from all the Docklands Authority teams in the delivery of services
- We will publish all documentation including releases on our website within two days.
- We will maintain regular contact and consultation with our customers. We will consult with our customers regarding the development of, and prior to any changes, in policies and procedures.
- We will provide customers with an opportunity to give views on the development, delivery and review of all services.
- We will build on our sucess to date in respect of various customer networks, (eg: The Local Labour Charter, The Schools Principal Forum etc.)
- We will deal with complaints prompty, efficiently and in a considerate manner.
- We will endevor to correct errors as quickly as possible, to give an explanation, and if necessary an apology.
6. Equality & Diversity
- We will guarantee the rights to equal treatment as established by equality legislation. We will accomodate diverstiy, fostring equality for groups as covered by relevant legislation
- We will identify and work to eliminate barriers to services, such as may exist for people experiencing poverty and social exclusion
- We will ensure that our offices comply with Health and Safety standards and as part of this, we will facilitate access for people with disabilities and ithers with specific needs.
- In line with the requirements of the Official Languages Act 2003, we will work towards a situation whereby trhose wishing to conduct their business through Irish will be facilitated.
7. Internal Customer
- We will treat our colleagues with the same high standards with which we treat our external customer.
- We will recognise that the term "customer" includes all employees of the Docklands Authority
- We will recognise across the Authority, the duty of care owed to colleagues and the consequent impact of this productivity.
In respect of each of these key themes, in addition to strategic objectives, we have also identified specific actions to be taken to meet these objectives and related targets. These are set out in our Customer Action Plan. You can obtain a copy by contacting our Quality Customer Service Officer.