- Proposals for Festivals and Events in Docklands
- Hiring Space for Promotions & Events
- Event Application Forms
- Staging of Events in George's Dock
- Insurance Requirements
Proposals for Festivals and Events in Docklands
The Dublin Docklands Development Authority has organised and facilitates a wide range of festivals and events to animate and bring footfall to the area. On both the north and south side of the Docklands a range of outdoor spaces have been used by the Authority and other private organizations for events attracting thousands of visitors to the area
The intention of the Docklands Authority is to create self-sustaining events which endure beyond the life of the Docklands project. As such, the Docklands Authority has sought alternative means of funding events which are established and built as successful properties.
Where funding for an event is being provided by another state agency e.g. Failte Ireland, Dublin City Council, the Authority will consider a reduction in fees charged for use of spaces. This is to be on a case by case basis and all costs for use of site will have to be borne by the event.
If you wish to submit a proposal for a festival or event, please fill out the form at this link:
Hiring Space for Promotions & Events
If you wish to hire/use space in the Dublin Docklands precinct you must make an application at least 8 weeks before the date of the event (smaller events at least 4 weeks). If in doubt, please contact us at email@example.com. For all events, a detailed event management plan must be submitted to include the following:
- A brief description of the event / promotion
- Specification and certification of temporary structures
- Number of participants/audience or spectators
- If sampling, type of samples. (Food licence may be required)
- Number of Vehicles if any
- If parking permits or suspension of parking is required. (Applicant to contact parking enforcement directly)
- Public Liability Insurance
- Employer Liability Insurance
- Health and Safety Statement
- Risk Assessment
- Any other information deemed relevant to the safe running of the event.
Event Application Forms
- George's Dock Platform Event Booking Form
- the chq building Event Booking Form
- Company Details for Licensing Form
Staging of Events in George's Dock
Public Liability Insurance of €6.5 million Employer's Liability Insurance of €13m will have to be submitted by the successful applicants with a specific indemnity mentioned on the policy for Dublin Docklands Development Authority.